Outdoor Photography: Chasing the Light – Summer 2021
|DAY / TIME||Tuesday 6-9pm (Pacific Time) | June 22 - August 10, 2021|
|TUITION||$550 | Payment & Refund Policy|
|FORMAT||Hybrid: Online + In-person, enrollment is limited to 12 students; review our COVID-19 Safety Protocols PDF for information about requirements for students, faculty, and staff who will be onsite at PCNW.|
|PREREQS||Photography I: Digital or Photography I: B&W, however course is best suited to digital shooters|
|CREDITS||2 – Fulfills credits toward Elective requirement for Certificate Program|
Photographing outdoors presents a special set of challenges and possibilities. This course will help you learn techniques for shooting outside with natural light, whether in your own backyard or in the back country. Special sessions on filters, macro photography, and field trips will be incorporated in this course which will support all styles of work from commercial to fine art creative.
Topics covered include:
- Qualities of light
- Long exposures using filters
- Macro photography
- Timelapse photography
- Modifying natural light
- High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- This will be hosted as a hybrid course including live, interactive online sessions and in-person field trips for on-location shooting/practice. Online sessions will utilize the Zoom platform along with Google Drive for sharing files. Details regarding access will be provided to enrolled students prior to the first class.
- Students must have a camera with full manual control (e.g. Digital or Film SLR), including a range of shutter speeds and aperture settings.
- Students should expect to spend several hours per week on assignments for this course, which may require use of PCNW facilities; view our Rental Rates for details about additional fees.
- Additional information about course expectations and required materials will be provided by the instructor at the start of the quarter. Any supplies for the course are the responsibility of the student.
Image © Tara Champion