Lightroom Editing & Beyond - Spring 2020
**EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: REGISTER BY FEBRUARY 2, 2020 USING CODE EARLYBIRD10 TO RECEIVE 10% OFF CLASS TUITION**
|DAY / TIME||Wednesdays 6-9pm | April 22 - June 3, 2020|
|TUITION||$550 | Payment & Refund Policy|
|LEVEL||Introductory / Intermediate|
|PREREQS||Photography I: Digital|
|CREDITS||2 – Fulfills portion of Elective requirement for Certificate Program|
This class focuses primarily on developing, editing, and printing your photographs in Adobe Lightroom CC. Over the course of the class, we will develop your understanding of a logical and consistent workflow to approaching your editing. We will be working on editing a variety of image types (portraiture, landscape, abstract, etc.) to develop a well-rounded approach to your workflow. We will also focus on how to customize and automate much of your existing workflow so that you can speed up your work behind the screen. Once we have a handle on the Lightroom tools, we will spend time discussing how to effectively integrate Photoshop and 3rd-party software into the Lightroom workflow.
Once we have an understanding of editing, we will turn to printing and exporting out of Lightroom. You will learn all the ins-and-outs of being able to effectively print in Lightroom or how to export your images to have them printed by someone else. While focused on editing and printing, we will also learn some tricks, tips, and methods for working in Lightroom that will make it easier to stay organized, process large volumes of work, and free up more time so you can spend it behind the camera.
- The course will be held in the PCNW Mac lab, but instructions will be provided for both Mac and PC. Students may use their own laptops if they prefer.
- Students will be required to have an external hard drive for the quarter to store their images and catalogs.
- Students should expect to spend several hours per week on assignments for this course, which may require use of PCNW facilities; view our Rental Rates for details about additional fees.
- Additional information about course expectations and required materials will be provided by the instructor at the start of the quarter.
- In need of guidance to help you organize and manage your digital images before you start editing? Enroll in Digital Organization and Management to create a spring course series.
Image © Daniel Gregory