Photography II: Black and White – Spring 2019
- CANCELED -
|DAY / TIME||Thursdays 6-9pm | April 4 - June 6, 2019|
|TUITION||$825 + $35 Materials Fee | Payment & Refund Policy|
|PREREQS||Photography I: B&W|
|CREDITS||3 – Fulfills Photography II requirement for Certificate Program|
The focus of Photography II: B&W is an expansion of the technical skills gained in Photography I: B&W and a deeper understanding of the aesthetic principles guiding personal work. Emphasis will be on applying sophisticated technical knowledge gained through materials tests to students' personal creative vision. Through exercises and assignments, students gain greater control over variable materials (fiber paper, developers, films) and creative development is encouraged through class critiques of personal projects. Editing for a series, presentation methods and options, as well as professional workflow, are also key components of this course.
- Students must have a film camera with full manual control, it can be 35mm, medium format, or larger.
- Students should expect to spend several hours per week on assignments for this course, which will require use of PCNW facilities; view our Rental Rates for details about additional fees.
- The Materials Fee for the course includes chemicals that will be used for testing and in-class demonstrations. Students will be required to purchase film, paper, and possibly chemicals for personal use / completion of assignments
- Costs for individual materials and rental fees will vary depending on choice of materials and time spent in the darkroom; estimated $300-$400+.
- Additional information about course expectations and required materials will be provided by the instructor at the start of the quarter.
Image © Daniel Gregory