Photography II: Digital – Winter 2019
|DAY / TIME||Wednesdays 6-9pm | January 9 - March 13, 2019|
|TUITION||$825 + $45 Materials Fee | Payment & Refund Policy|
|PREREQS||Photography I: Digital + Digital Imaging I: Photoshop Fundamentals|
|CREDITS||3 – Fulfills Photography II requirement for Certificate Program|
Explore advanced digital photography techniques that will help you create visually sophisticated fine art photographs. Learn techniques that parallel digital camera and computer workflow such as:
- Advanced frame division
- Crop and frame-ratio
- RAW conversion
- Custom white balance
- On-camera flash and external lighting
- Basic Photoshop adjustments for composite, retouching, image formatting and output
- Printing and archiving
Develop a vocabulary that will allow you to discuss your images both technically and aesthetically. Advance your visual vocabulary by exploring how symbolic, metaphoric and narrative elements can be incorporated into your images. Through intensive hands-on work throughout the quarter, refine your personal style and develop your technical knowledge of digital photography and imaging.
- Students must have a digital camera with full manual control (e.g. Digital SLR), including a range of shutter speeds and aperture settings.
- Students must have proficient working knowledge of basic workflow in Adobe Lightroom and core editing tools in Adobe Photoshop, such as is introduced in the prerequisites Photography I: Digital and Digital Imaging I: Photoshop Fundamentals.
- Students should expect to spend several hours per week on assignments for this course, which may require use of PCNW facilities; view our Rental Rates for details about additional fees.
- The Materials Fee for the course includes a digital print allotment for in-class and outside of class printing, the details of which will be shared on the first day. Other supplies are the responsibility of the student.
- Additional information about course expectations and required materials will be provided by the instructor at the start of the quarter.
Image © Tara Champion