Travel Photography: Capturing the Stories of Your Adventures - Summer 2020
|DATE||July 16 & 23, 2020 | Thursdays 6-8pm|
|TUITION||$75 | Payment & Refund Policy|
|LEVEL||Introductory - Advanced|
It might not be the best time to travel far and wide right now, but it is a great time to learn how to make more impactful photographs once we can travel again. Join PCNW and instructor Kate Hailey for this two-session workshop as we consider the elements for creating images with more meaning and intention for your next adventure. From family vacations to solo journeys this workshop will inspire you to be present in the space you are in, while also capturing moments you can reflect on and share with family, friends and followers. Through Kate’s stories and images you will gain insight on how we can experience new places at a deeper level, through culture, history, cuisine and more. Whether you love road tripping around the Pacific Northwest, or traveling further afield, you will leave this workshop inspired, prepared, and ready to plan your next adventure!
- Thoughts on why we travel and why we take photos
- Research, before you go, once you’re there, etc…
- Composition, the essentials and some rule breaking!
- Understanding light and shadow
- Creating images that convey the story of your experience, how to pull these together for a series or photo essay
- Editing, how and why we edit, how it can affect the mood of an image
- Gear: from cameras, lenses, tripods and more
- Social media tips, Insta-what? Stories, Posts, etc…
Images © Kate Hailey