Contemporary Color - Winter 2021
- Registration Closed -
|DAY / TIME||Wednesdays 6-9pm (Pacific Time) | January 6 - March 10, 2021|
|TUITION||$825 + $30 Materials Fee | Payment & Refund Policy|
|FORMAT||Online / Hybrid; this will be hosted as a hybrid course with live, interactive online course meetings utilizing the Zoom platform along with Google Drive for sharing files, with additional small group or individual printing sessions with the instructor at PCNW.|
|Review our COVID-19 Safety Protocols PDF for information about requirements for students, faculty, and staff who will be onsite at PCNW.|
|PREREQS||Photoshop Basics (formerly Digital Imaging I: Photoshop Fundamentals)|
|CREDITS||3 – Fulfills Color requirement for Certificate Program|
Contemporary color photography has grown to encompass traditional chromogenic printing, color transparency, digital inkjet and lightjet prints, as well as numerous alternative processes. This integrated course will cover color theory, the nuances of digital printing, and a new set of foundations in color photography while drawing on analog and digital traditions.
- Class will primarily meet via online sessions, with small group or individual in-person printing sessions at PCNW scheduled with the instructor throughout the quarter; review our COVID-19 Safety Protocols PDF for information about requirements for students, faculty, and staff who will be onsite at PCNW.
- Students must have proficient working knowledge of basic digital image editing through Adobe Photoshop to join this class, as covered in our Photoshop Basics (formerly Digital Imaging I: Photoshop Fundamentals) course.
- Students should expect to spend a several hours per week on assignments for this course, which may require use of PCNW facilities; view our Rental Rates for details about additional fees.
- The Materials Fee for the course includes a digital print allotment for in-class and outside of class printing, the details of which will be shared on the first day. Other supplies are the responsibility of the student.
- Additional information about course expectations and required materials will be provided by the instructor at the start of the quarter.
Image © Daniel Gregory, PCNW Faculty