Digital Photography Basics - Fall 2022
- COURSE IS FULL - To be added to the wait-list, add to cart and proceed through check-out. You will be asked to provide contact/billing information but will not be required to enter any payment information.
|DATE / TIME||October 2, 2022 | Sunday 12:30-5:30pm|
Payment & Refund Policy
|FORMAT||In-person, enrollment is limited to 12 students. Please review our COVID-19 Safety Protocols PDF for complete information about requirements for students, faculty, and staff.|
|PREREQS||None; students must have a Digital Camera Camera|
Do you have a digital camera and want to learn how to get the most out of it, or simply need a refresher? Our one-day digital camera basics workshop will help you venture beyond auto mode by giving you a practical, hands-on understanding of digital photography capture and camera settings. We’ll cover camera setting options, how they relate, and which settings are appropriate for various situations (portraiture, nature, or sports photography for example). Take this workshop in tandem with our Digital Workflow Basics workshop for a comprehensive foundation for your digital photography.
- Navigating the menu options of your camera
- Image quality file types; JPEG vs RAW
- Image Sensor Size
- ISO vs Digital Noise
- DSLR vs Mirrorless
- How to make practical adjustments in aperture/shutter speed
- Setting white balance and in-camera color settings
- Reading histograms to evaluate images in–camera
Students can bring their DSLR, Mirrorless, or point and shoot camera as long as it has manual controls. Please also bring your camera manual as all cameras are different.
Photo by Robert Wade