Introduction to Zone - Spring 2020
- POSTPONED TO FUTURE QUARTER -
Due to restrictions implemented as a result of COVID-19, this class has been postponed to a future quarter (Summer or Fall 2020); details to be updated upon confirmation.
|TUITION||$825 + $25 Materials Fee | Payment & Refund Policy|
|PREREQS||Photography II: Black & White|
|CREDITS||3 – Fulfills Elective requirement for Certificate Program|
Concentrate your skills on the principles of the zone system. By testing film and learning how to create amazing negatives, you will be able to creatively use the zone system and darkroom techniques in the development of your personal style. Combine this new knowledge with advanced darkroom techniques to produce more expressive images.
- Students must have a film camera, may be 35mm, medium, or large format.
- Students should expect to spend several hours per week on assignments for this course, which will require use of PCNW facilities; view our Rental Rates for details about additional fees.
- The Materials Fee for the course includes costs associated with demonstrations and in-class use of equipment and the darkroom. Students will be required to purchase film, paper, and personal choice developers to complete assignments for the course.
- Additional information about course expectations and required materials will be provided by the instructor at the start of the quarter.
Image © Chris Letcher, PCNW Certificate Program Graduate