Large Format Film - Winter 2019
|DAY / TIME||Wednesdays 6-9pm | January 9 - March 13, 2019|
|TUITION||$825 + $35 Materials Fee | Payment & Refund Policy|
|PREREQS||Photography II: Black & White|
|CREDITS||3 – Fulfills Elective requirement for Certificate Program|
Learn the techniques and creative advantages of working with large format cameras. The class will cover camera movements, film development, and the practice of using the large format camera both in the filed and studio.
The objectives for this course include:
- Understanding the advantages of working with the large format camera
- Understanding the camera movements and their impacts on the composition
- Developing large format film in a variety of methods
- PCNW will have a select number of 4x5 large format cameras available for student use, which may be rented for a 24-hour period (rental is free to current students and this time period may be extended depending on number of students requiring access to a PCNW camera). If you have your own large format camera, you are welcome and encouraged to use it.
- Students should expect to spend several hours per week on assignments for this course, which will require use of PCNW facilities; view our Rental Rates for details about additional fees.
- The Materials Fee for the course includes film and other materials/equipment used for in-class demonstrations. Students will be required to purchase additional materials, such as film and paper, for completing assignments outside of class.
- Additional information about course expectations and required materials will be provided by the instructor at the start of the quarter.
Image © Joe Freeman